The high menu is much like the low input menu except missing options for functionality not present in high Input such as:
- Attenuator related settings
- Mixer an IF related settings
- Band pass filter measuring option
- Tracking output option
- Spur reduction related settings
There are a number of things to keep in mind when using the high input
- The input IIP3 is -15dBm so VERY easily overloaded.
- The frond-end is a direct IQ mixer with very limited mirror suppression (maximum 30dB)
For best use of the high input:
- Set CONFIG/EXPERT CONFIG/SCAN SPEED to "PRECISE"
- Disable the CONFIG/EXPERT CONFIG/AGC if possible.
- For low level input signals you can enable the CONFIG/EXPERT CONFIG/LNA (use only when AGC is disabled)
- Make sure input signals stay way below -20dBm to avoid overloading.